Monday, September 10, 2018

Delighting in the Details


Psalm 141 : 3

There is power in our words. Each day thousands of words flow from our lips in many directions to many people. They have the opportunity to give life or death. Lately the Lord has been highlighting the condition of my heart and how it reflects in the words I speak aloud. I can speak heavily into the struggles and forget to praise the strengths. 

For whatever is in your heart determines what you say. Matthew 12:34 #sandalschurch  #heart

I want my kids to do well.  I hope they soar in education, grow greatly in their faith in Christ, and love others well. My dreams for my kids are grandiose. Hoping for greater because we serve a supernatural God. But if I am completely candid, my heart sometimes gets lost in the current deficit, forgetting to rejoice in the positive of the present.  Focusing on the future and neglecting to celebrate the praise-worthy things right now. 

What are my kids doing well right now? Is it their passionate zeal  for the Bible or the great grades in Math? The lonely child they embraced last week at the park? Folding their clothes and putting them away with such diligence? Praying for a friend in need?

I need to praise my children in the areas they are succeeding in. Use my mouth to uplift and remind them I DO notice those little things done well. Life is hard for our kiddos with friends, bullies, sickness, practice, learning struggles, peer pressure, and homework. 

They need to hear life spoken over them daily. Reminded that they matter and are noticed and cherished. Those little victories are important to us and God too. As we seek to hone our children in the direction of Jesus, remember God delights in the details of their life and yours too!

bible verse, psalm 37:23, bible quote, future quotes, the word for the day quote                        

Practice praising your child daily for one area they do well. It will change the way you look at them. And how they look at you. 

1 comment: