Friday, May 11, 2018

What comes out when you are POPPED?


Whoa! I’m doing some journaling in my Journibles for Galatians and was totally convicted.  (Love these Journibles.) This however, was a good conviction – a clarifying conviction. 

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5:19-21

How many countless times have we all read this part of scripture and just skimmed over the words?  (Did you do it just now?)  We haven’t murdered anyone; we are not into idol worship or the other stuff in there – of course because we are all perfect, right?!  Well, I was convicted because my flesh was exposed – not my physical flesh, ladies but the works of my flesh.  Here’s the story:

Recently, our family went camping with other families and I took it upon myself to organize the meals.  We were to all bring such and such to share.  From what I understood it was all good and everyone was on board.  However, over and over during the weekend I heard questions about the food list.  We were coming up short in some things and I felt like everyone was blaming me.  Well, the burden of it built up so much so that at one point I yelled the loudest I may have ever yelled before, and said, “That’s IT!...” I don’t remember every word but I was angry and frustrated.  I POPPED!

You see, the evidence that I was not walking in the Spirit was that I blew up in the flesh.  My buttons were pushed and I popped out what I had been putting in.  If you saw me that day you would have said, “but Laura, you did your devotions this morning, why didn’t that come out?”  Good question, I asked that too!  The clear answer was that I was just going through the motions. <jaw drop> I was caught!

Are you caught, too?  What comes out when your buttons are pushed? 
Fill yourself with the truth whether it’s just meditating on one verse all week or a whole chapter, etc.  Better to pop out that verse than your flesh!

1 comment:

  1. Truth!
    “The Godly will see these things and be glad,
    While the wicked are struck silent. Those who are wise will take all this to heart;
    they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord.” - Psalm 107:42-43

    ReplyDelete