Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Summer Opportunities

 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Matthew 6:33

Do you see this summer as an opportunity?  Maybe this summer you could take an adult education class or have other moms come over your house for a mom’s prayer night.  Or maybe both! 

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, … For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21

When you ask the Lord (of the harvest) to guide and direct your steps, He will!  Maybe sign up for a class to learn a new language, a new skill, or just to meet a new people group.  Ask God to show you how He wants to use your life to bring Him glory.  I learned sign language YEARS ago through adult ed classes, then college and then at church interpreting the worship for the Deaf community that attended – remember this is YEARS ago.  Well, a month or so ago I was at a park with my kids, pushing them on the swings and I tried to talk to a mom swinging her kid too.  She said she was Deaf, so I started up a conversation with her in my “broken” sign language.  It was almost like she came alive when I responded back to her in her language.  Can I tell you that IT WAS THE LORD giving me those signs!  As we talked, He used me to re-connect her to an interpreter we both know who would encourage her to come back to church!

Only God does stuff like that!

“Set your mind on things above, not on the things on the earth.” Colossians 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment