Wednesday, January 20, 2016

"You ARE Seen" by Courtney

“Now Deborah, Rebekah’s nurse, died and was buried under the oak outside Bethel. So it was named Allon Bakuth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭35:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I was so blessed by this today. We hear of Rebekah's nurse when she leaves her family to go to Isaac and here when she is named and set apart as special to this family buried under an oak they name oak of weeping. She was a nurse to many generations, probably often overlooked as she cared for the children of this family and loved them. But never insignificant.  She was so significant to God that he mentions her by name here in the Bible to be remembered forever.

The number of days I get overlooked for all I do as a mom far out way the number of days anyone seems to notice. But God always notices. He is the one I am serving as I serve my family. And here I was encouraged in that and in the love this family had for Deborah.

Love you girls. You are valued and loved for all you do even when you don't feel seen, you are by the Most High. 

No comments:

Post a Comment